The Diocese of Lafayette is requiring all volunteers who work with the youth of the parish to take an online class called Safe & Sacred. This training program can be accessed by clicking on the image below.
"So we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another."
Indiana law requires that any individual who has reason to believe that a child is a victim of abuse or neglect must report immediately to:
- The local Child Protection Services agency (Hotline: 800-800-5556); or
- A local law enforcement agency.
Under Indiana law, it is a criminal act not to make such a report. This law applies to all adults without exception.
- Doris May, Victim Assistance Minister & Head of Pastoral Response Team: (765) 464-4988
- Charles "Max" Layden, Conduct in Ministry Officer: (765) 742-7646
Please compose a detailed description of the facts/incidents of the abuse and send it to Mr. Max Layden: P.O. Box 909, Lafayette, IN 47902.
- Victims of child sexual abuse by a person ministering on behalf of the Church
- Persons with a suspicion that a child may be sexually abused by a person ministering on behalf of the Church
- Persons concerned about violations about our Code of Conduct regarding appropriate behavior with children by any person ministering on behalf of the Church