Parish Strategic Initiative
Established in 1896, the faith community of St. Lawrence has strived to bring the presence of Christ to the people of Lafayette for over 100 years. At first by serving the railway workers of the Monon Shops, and their families, on the north end of Lafayette, and later by reaching out to anyone in need, the Catholic people of St. Lawrence have created an environment where all are welcome. Through worship, community outreach, and education, all our parishioners are challenged to help build the Kingdom of God.
Mission: The parish family of St. Lawrence honors God and Him alone we serve by opening our doors to all through faith, service, education, and prayer to form disciples of Christ and spread His love.
Vision: With God’s grace, St. Lawrence parish strives to nurture a spiritually enriched community, forming disciples with a passion for holiness, ministry, and worship.
Values and Guiding Principles
In addition to these statements, Values and Guiding Principles were written to help us better understand our roles as members of this parish- as well as what you can expect from the parish.
St. Lawrence Parish is committed to provide the following to assist our parishioners in their growth and living the faith:
- Celebrate our Catholic faith with vibrant and meaningful liturgies that inspire the day-to-day lives of all who join us.
- Create a caring and welcoming environment where people feel the love of Christ.
- Ensure a variety of opportunities for parishioners to serve and engage by doing what they do best.
- Judiciously use the financial resources provided by our parishioners and establish facilities to support our mission and vision.
- Provide opportunities for spiritual growth while challenging individuals to embrace the call to live a holy life.
As a parishioner of St. Lawrence Church, I will help live out the missionof the Church in the following ways:
- Be present, actively participating in the Mass and the Sacramental life of the Church.
- Be welcoming, proactively looking for ways to connect with others in our parish and welcome visitors to the St. Lawrence family.
- Use my talents, prayerfully discerning what gifts God is calling me to use within my parish.
- Share my treasure, returning to God from the first fruits by prayerfully discerning what sacrificial giving means for me and/or my family.
- Seek growth, identifying opportunities to develop my knowledge and the application of our Catholic faith in my daily life.